Sunday, October 6, 2013

It's the little things

This morning, wise older woman at church  stopped me to talk for a moment. Before leaving she told me, "Life goes by so quickly. We don't stop to enjoy the little things and compliment others as much as we should." I want to heed her words. So in the spirit of enjoying little things in life here are a few little things from my week.

It is October! The weather today has been absolutely beautiful and starting to feel like Fall. I was walking around on campus where Pete goes to school [and where we live] just loving all of the colors and sounds. Loving the jeans and flip flops and cozy sweaters. Soup for lunch and drinking tea this afternoon.
Love these cute [free] calendar printables from Pursuit of Poppiness

Before last week took a turn to ear infections and colds for the two sweet girls I care for, we got to get out and enjoy a fun morning at the park. We soaked in some sun and smiles before the rest of the week was spent indoors and sick. It breaks my heart to see little ones feeling badly, but it does force me to slow down for hours of snuggles, book reading and singing.

Big girl E in her bucket hat




I finally finished the knitting project I had been working on. If you remember my recent yarn review, you may remember I had started a present for a sweet friend's baby girl.
Baby Girl hasn't made her appearance yet, but yesterday we got to celebrate her upcoming arrival at a baby shower and I was able to gift the hat I'd been working on. I'm pretty proud of the way it turned out and can once again recommend how wonderful Xena Knit's yarn is! The hat came together easily and is soft, but durable. 




Life does seem to have a way of passing by ever so quickly. We live in a world that is moving so fast and I am realizing I might just miss it if I don't consciously slow down and thank the Lord for the small things He has given me. The endless songs of "Twinkle Twinkle," a redeeming conversation with my husband, time to visit with family and good conversation on a trip to the grocery store with my mother-in-law. All of these things may seem small, but in the end they add up to being the small [big] things I cherish most. 


2 comments:

  1. Sweet thoughts Rachel, I'm thankful that God blesses us in the little ways everyday- and I can't wait to put the little hat on our baby's head. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abby! We can't wait to meet your little girl! I wake up every morning to hear if she's made her appearance yet. :)

      Delete